Monday, November 10, 2008

Traditions

This past weekend we headed to Tuscaloosa for Alabama's homecoming. I was so excited because I haven't been back to Tuscaloosa since I graduated a few centuries ago. I was especially excited to take Emma to the big homecoming parade. So my parents, my aunt and uncle, Tom, Emma and I headed to T town for the parade and game. As soon as I stepped on campus it was like I never left. Even though my life and body for that matter all have changed, it was like stepping back in time. No, I wasn't wearing my Dorothy red slippers, but it did seem like I was back in Kansas.

The parade was really cool and Emma loved it. She got so excited when the people on floats would wave to her. She would just laugh and wave.

After the parade my parents took Emma and headed back to Birmingham. Tom and I headed over to the stadium for the game.



The tide rolled to victory over Arkansas State and improved their perfect season to 9-0. It was the perfect weekend!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Sounds so nice, makes me want to go back to my undergrad!

Molly said...

Glad you had a good weekend. Love the picture of you and Tom!