Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Potty Training is Hard!!!!!

Man, I have to say I am exhausted! This potty training thing is for the birds! This is day 3 of Potty Training Boot Camp. Emma decided Monday that she wanted to wear panties like mommy. So all day Monday she did great, no accidents. Tuesday was a preschool day and she did have an accident shortly after I dropped her off. But when we got home we tried panties again, and she did great. So this brings me to today. Today was one of those days when you just want to say forget it, here's a diaper man! I think what is so frustrating is I will put her on the potty and she will not go. Then minutes later, wet pants! She had 2 accidents within 20 minutes at Target. I ended up buying underwear and stretch pants at the store. My life as a mom of a potty training toddler is portable potty in the back of the SUV, Dora panties, training panties, plastic panties, Tinkerbell panties, Ariel panties, extra socks, pull up pants, and overnight pull ups! Ugh

2 comments:

maribeth said...

whoever started the rumor that it is better to have a potty trained child than one in diapers is a liar! seriously, i would take diapers any day over the alternative. but, it does get better. there will eventually be a day when you do not fear that your child will utter those words, "mommy, i need to go potty!"

jennifer said...

i have an award for you at my blog today!