Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Wind Beneath My Paci

The day finally came...it was time to say goodbye to our beloved paci! We decided(I say "we" meaning Tom and Jen)decided it was time for the Nuk paci to head wherever the wind was going to take them. We headed to our local Party City and purchased 5 balloons. She really wanted a sponge bob balloon, but my husband suggested this balloon may be more appropriate...

He didn't want Emma to be scarred and not like sponge bob!! Well we headed out to the driveway to begin the ceremony. Except, one little problem, Emma didn't want to participate. She told us "I don't want paci to fly. She is sick and doesn't want to fly."

Needless to say it didn't go well. The following is a photo montage of the event.



There are more photos, but they are all kinda sad. I kept thinking, I wonder if Dave Ramsey would approve of me buying these balloons on my debit card, then just letting them go, so wasteful! To bad Dave!
She did eventually get a little better.

4 comments:

kris said...

aww, that's just pitiful!! we haven't battled the paci yet, i figure this summer. you know, when we potty train. torment her all at once and all :)

maribeth said...

how awful! seriously, you yanked the paci from her mouth already tied to the balloons! mean, mean, mean! did you have to go buy another one immediately? come on, let the girl have her paci. we will have to battle it soon, but i do not want an emily on my hands!

Emily said...

oh my!!! that face!! hope she (and you) made it through the night ok!

Emily said...

oh, and..... you (Maribeth) don't want an emily on your hands????