Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ahh, Summer





Well it appears to be that time of year again, kids are back in school, and I will soon be back to work. This could only mean one thing.... The end of Summer. The summer was really cool. We spent the summer with great friends and family. This summer included a trip to the beach, zoo trips, and many trips to the pool. I almost have a tan to prove it. I think the coolest part of the summer was just hanging out with friends from the preschool and their kids! It was cool to watch Emma playing with her friends, many of them older than her. Ahh the memories of the kids ringing the bell at Arbys to signal yet another fine meal, crashing high chairs at the mall food court, and the pure joy of the 500th happy meal toy. What a summer! One should never underestimate the power of friendship and making people feel special. My friends did that for me this summer. Trips to the mall, pool dates, zoo trips, and Emma's infectious giggling are the things I will remember fondly when I think back on this summer.

2 comments:

jennifer said...

Me too!!!!

Hugs and Kisses to my summertime friend!!! LOL!

maribeth said...

what a long, strange summer it's been!

we've had a blast too!