Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It all started with lipstick




I must say things have really been busy this summer. As everyone prepares to head back to school, I thought I would head out into the mall jungle and do some back to school shopping myself. Ulta advertised this cool new lipstick by Urban Decay. I was intrigued by this new fall line, so my little toddler Emma and my good friend Mitzie headed out to buy some cool lipstick. We arrived at Ulta store joyful and excited. I could swear I heard Chariots of Fire being played as we raced to the door. We found the Urban Decay section and were ready to be impressed. Impressed would not be the word I would use to describe what we saw. Empty shelves everywhere. At the exact moment we laid eyes on the empty shelves Billy Joel's Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word song started playing. Ha. Anyway we left the store and decide to try one more store. Struck out there also so we decided to head home. I was driving on Germantown Parkway going North. A car turned left in front of me and we slammed into the back of her car. In fact, my little Accord knock the back end of of her Corolla. But here is the crazy part, the driver kept on driving. Yes I said it she left the scene!!!!!!!!!! First I checked on my daughter Emma, then my friend. Everyone seemed ok, we were visible shaken, but blessed to be alive. My friend happened to get the tag number as it dragged along Gtown Pkwy, and we sat and waited for the police. Kids have a funny way of bringing things back into perspective. As we sat waiting for the police, my daughter says "cookie", "cookie" , "cookie and drink please." We totally forgot that we bought cookies from the Cookie Company. Luckily the icing on the cookies was not damaged in the accident or I would have been really mad. I wish I had a picture of the cookies because one cookie was a big blue smiley face, and the other cookie was a white dove. Classic!

No comments: