Friday, August 8, 2008

Ode to Lipstick

Well if you have been reading this blog, you know the story about my great desire for this new Urban Decay lipstick. In fact, I drove all over town looking for it, got in a car accident, and now the ultimate act, the finale if you will occurred today. Emma and I were heading out to run some errands and I thought what a perfect time to try out my new fabulous lipstick. So I grabbed the tubes and headed to the car. I set the tubes on the back of the car to help Emma get into her seat. (I think you see where this is going.) After fastening her into her carseat, I cranked up the rental car and headed out. Well as you guessed the lipstick was still on the back of the car as I headed out on my merry way. Two hours later I noticed, hmmm I can't find my new lipstick. And immediately I realized what I had done. I searched the streets in our neighborhood, but no lipstick. I did preserve my dignity and opted not to search the sewer! I won't bother to tell you how much this lipstick cost, but I guess Em will have to attend a local college. Looking back on this whole fiasco I think to myself ,was all of this for some lipstick!!! You can't make this stuff up! Moral of the story:Invest in chapstick!!

No comments: