Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Million Little Pieces

I really must start carrying my camera around with me because I am missing some way funny photo ops with Emma. Since the Olympics were not on we decided to leave the house. We met my friend Carla for lunch and decided to go to Hobby Lobby. I don't think Carla knew what she was getting into. Emma started out in the shopping cart, did you notice I said "started" in the shopping cart. As we shopped along, my sense of smell was alerted to a possible code brown in the beads section. Well of course I don't have her diaper bag so Carla was kind enough to watch her while I began the hike to the car. Well of course do I have any wipes, no, how about a diaper, no. But alas, I do find a Dora pull-up. Thanks Dora. Anyway, I did the best I could with a pull up and wet toilet paper, but I must say the toilet paper was definately not Charmin. One word-chaffing. Don't ask, I didn't have butt paste either. Yeah yeah Mom of the year I already know. But the best was yet to come. So after the diaper debacle she was out of the shopping cart, and she ran and found a big bucket of beads. I shall refer to it as the 1lb Bucket O' Beads (Irish name). So 1lb of beads translates to hundreds and hundreds of tiny ,little, pretty, colorful, plastic beads. Proud of her find ,Emma turns to Carla and I to show us and well, she drops the Bucket O 'Beads. Hundreds of beads go a flying. Thank goodness no one lost an eye, but I must say even if Carla and I wanted to run we couldn't. Everywhere I stepped my shoe was literally shooting beads all over the store. People would just look down the aisle and just walk away. My shopping cart was rendered useless, because apparently a tiny small bead can bring down a shopping cart, who knew. Even on two wheels that cart wouldn't move. I was waiting for the voice on the intercom, "Clean up on aisle 10." A nice Hobby Lobby lady swept up the evidence that Emma had been there, and I decided before we get to the glassware it was time to go.

No comments: