Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ahh Tranquility

Last weekend, my husband and I packed up the family truckster and headed down south. Huntsville to be exact. We had a fun filled anniversary weekend planned sans our child. Since Emma was born 2 years ago we haven't had a night alone. So we dropped her off at Nana and Papa's, and headed for the hotel. We decided to stay at the Westin Bridge Street. The hotel overlooks this amazing outdoor mall, movie theater, gondala rides, paddle boats, outdoor carousal, just about everything. The Westin also has a very nice spa. So Saturday we headed to lunch at a place called Ketchup before my spa day.



After lunch I headed back to the Westin for my spa day. I got a massage, manicure, pedicure, eyebrow wax, and a leg rejuvenating treatment. Well after the lady doing my eyebrows removed 3 layers of my epidermis it was time to head back up to the room.
Feeling rejuvenated and kinda pretty we headed out for a fancy dinner. And fancy to me means no chicken fingers and french fries, and no sippy cups! We ate at a place called Dolce. It was this retro Italian place. It was so dark in there I could barely see Tom, much less read the menu. But the food was great and it was nice to be able to actually chew my food, instead of scarfing food down before my child goes nuts. The cool thing about this hotel is we never had to leave!! Everything was right there. On Sunday we saw to fabulous movies, Fireproof and Billy the Early Years. Overall the weekend was a time to reconnect and relax. We both decided we need to do that more often!!

No comments: