Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mama said there would be days like this, Mama said

Don't you just love song titles about life:Papa don't Preach, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Purple Rain (well maybe not that one), and Mama said there would be days like this. Hmm, I don't know if my mom has ever said that, but I am sure somewhere in the world someone has heard that. Well mama, today was my day. The day started out as usual, alarm clock goes off, stumble out of bed (literally), and hit the bathroom. The day begins to turn sour (literally again) when I realize the milk has expired and there is nothing for breakfast. This doesn't do a body good. Fast forward, we are now at the Preschool and Emma insists on being carried!!!!! I think this bothers me so much because it is way to hard to do it with my bad legs! Today was also party day at school. Yippee! Anyway, after school I am just super tired, and Emma decides to take this opportunity to have a full on, four alarm, get some help, i need tylenol, all out fit. That was it! No more will I be a participant to these childish rants. Oh did I mention she is two! But the best was yet to come . We are cleaning out our guest room for company this weekend. Our dear friend is dog sitting for us while we are out of town. So we have been working hard to get the room ready. Yesterday, I stacked up three boxes of trash, and next to the boxes was my box where I have been storing all of my jewelry for the shows we have been doing. Before I left for my friend's baby shower, I told Tom there are three boxes of trash that need to go out. He said ok. Flash forward- When I got home tonight I went to get some of the bracelets I made out of my box of stuff and well the box wasn't there. The following is a dramatization of our conversation: "Tom, umm where is my box with my jewelry stuff?"
"You said to throw away three boxes." "Yes the three boxes stacked up, not the one with all of my work in it." "You said three boxes." "yes, but all of my stuff was in that box." "You said three boxes." The end
*no one was injured in this dramatization.

I think if he at least had apologized it would have been easier to take. My song title for this day is When Doves Cry by Prince

2 comments:

Margaret said...

So did you dig it out of the garbage?!

maribeth said...

hush!! i want to cry for you!! were/are you able to get it back?