Saturday, October 25, 2008

Things I Learned Showering with a 2 year old

So my husband has been working alot on the weekends. It was time to shower and I decided Emma gets into way too many things, so just put her in the shower with me. These are a few of my keen observations from this event.
First, if you have a muffin top* (see definition below) water will spray off of it and into your child's eyes. Second, your child will stare wild eyed at your naked body! You must get passed this, but I know she was thinking "why does mommy have those huge watermelons stuck on her chest ,and how do they stay on?" She probably concluded that the melons rest so nicely on that Costco muffin top, that must be how they stay on. Third, while you are thrashing around with your wash cloth, soap will probably fly into their eyes! And I can tell you Irish Spring does burn. And lastly, if you have any cups in the shower take them out! Because when your child fills them up with hot water, chances are good that when they drink the water they will burn their throat!

*muffin top-that large flappy part of skin in the lower abdomen that hangs over your belly. This phenomenon happens usually after child birth. And despite sit ups and crunches it just doesn't go away!

No comments: