Saturday, October 4, 2008

My jeans are laughing at me

So I lost a few pounds and decided to buy a few nice things in hopefully a smaller size. Because lets be real here, when your jeans are to big they sag and I personally could start a pants fire with all the chaffing going on. So I was "professionally" fitted for some jeans, and to my delight I was a size smaller. Now I will confess they seemed a little tight to me, but the sales lady assured me they looked great and that jeans always stretch a little. Well as soon as I brought the new jeans home, there was this immediate tension that existed between my new size and my old size. At night, I swear I could hear sounds from my closet, mumblings if you will. I distinctly heard one pair say, "you will be back," and another old pair said "you have new pants but can you button them?" All very valid points from my closet friends, but I was determined to defy the odds!! So today I put on my smaller size jeans, and wouldn't you know it, I did have trouble buttoning them. Were my old jeans right? It couldn't be! So I remembered what Scarlett O'Hara said, "As God as my witness I will never wear those fat jeans again!" I am currently accepting applications for a walking partner, so I can stay in my new jeans and maybe buy some new ones!!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Oh me me....I love to walk and I too need motivation! We can easily meet at Bert Ferguson..great track!